After your initial application, you will receive a packet in the mail with instructions and a list of items to provide. You will mail this packet back to us with the following:
- DRIVER’S LICENSE OR PHOTO I.D. (all adults)
- SOCIAL SECURITY CARD (all household members)
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE (all household members)
- PROOF OF INCOME / SUPPORT (no more than 60 days old, check stubs must cover 4-6 weeks)
- ASSETS (last 3 bank statements, property, life insurance, etc.)
- FINAL DIVORCE DECREE (if applicable)
- PROOF OF CHILD CUSTODY (if applicable) **
- PREVIOUS GOVERNMENT HOUSING NAME & ADDRESS (if applicable)
- RENTAL / RESIDENT HISTORY FOR LAST 2 YEARS (including landlord information)
When adding household members to the application, DO NOT include children who are not currently living with you at least 50% of the time. If a child is temporarily absent or has visitation, a bedroom cannot be assigned unless custody verification is submitted.
Remember, you MUST provide a VALID mailing address while applying online.
Any changes with income, household members, or contact information (address/phone #) should be reported in writing to the office within 14 calendar days. Missed deadlines or appointments due to an incorrect address will result in the application being filed inactive. (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Additions to the applicant household require:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Proof Of Income (if any)
- Completing an application at the office (adults only)
Position on the waiting list is based on date and time of your application as well as unit size or type required. You will be screened for suitability and eligibility when your name is approximately 60 days from reaching the top of the waiting list. Upon successful completion of the screening process, your application will be placed on the ELIGIBLE list. You will be contacted for a unit when your name is reached and a unit is available in the size or type you require.
NHA does NOT provide emergency placement.
You may contact us at (423) 623-1575 if you have any questions.